When a child is facing illness or injury, the power of having family nearby is beyond measure. Research shows that a family presence in the hospital helps children heal and cope better. This belief both drives and defines Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana (RMHCK).
As a “home-away-from-home” for families whose children are receiving medical treatment, RMHCK dedicates its time to ensuring families can be together during some of the more challenging moments of their life.
We know we will not be able to make the medicine taste better or erase the pain of a much-needed treatment. Yet, since 1984, we have kept thousands of families together, regardless of their ability to contribute to the cost of their accommodations.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana is a non-profit, donor-and-volunteer-supported organization and we are committed to:
• enabling patient- and family-centered care and ensuring families the opportunity to become fully active and supportive in their child’s medical care
• enhancing the hospital experience for children and their families
• supporting improved access to quality medical care for children
• bolstering a family's psychological well-being by keeping them together, and
• fostering the opportunity for families to feel support and give support to other families
Having a child sick or injured in the hospital can be incredibly overwhelming to parents and siblings. Thanks to our partners, volunteers, and friends, RMHC of Kentuckiana is able to provide these families stability in the midst of unthinkable circumstances. Together, we will continue to keep families close.
1si Member Since: 2015