Capital Development Tourism Fund Applications Being Accepted
The Clark-Floyd Counties Convention & Tourism Bureau (CTB) will accept applications for its Capital Development Tourism Fund from March 1, 2017 through March 31, 2017.
Purpose of the Funds
Funds from the program may be used for investment in:
• New capital projects that provide new visitor experiences or
• Projects that significantly enhance existing capital facilities to draw or accommodate greater numbers of visitors.
Who can Apply for Capital Development Tourism Funds?
To apply for Capital Development Tourism Funds, your organization must be an entity that:
• Develops and operates assets that will draw out-of-town visitors to our community or
• That will provide enticing experiences for out-of-towners who visit for other reasons.
You must also be a:
• Not-for profit entity or
• A municipality
Applications must be accompanied by a resolution from a municipal fiscal body. The municipality's fiscal body agrees to be a "Sponsor" by issuing a bond to fund the project. The Capital Development Tourism Fund program dictates that, for projects the Convention & Tourism Bureau approves, the CTB will repay the bond according to Indiana State Statutes IC 6-9-3-5(b) and IC 6-9-3-6.
The Board of Managers of the CTB requests that entities interested in applying for CDTF funds first send a letter of intent to:
Jim Epperson, Executive Director
Clark-Floyd Counties Convention & Tourism Bureau
315 Southern Indiana Ave., Jeffersonville IN 47130
Upon receipt of a letter of intent, the Bureau's staff will advise both project proponents and sponsors regarding the application and steps in the process. Our goal is to help partners write the best applications possible.
Documents linked for download include:
1. Capital Development Tourism Fund Application Form
2. Capital Development Tourism Fund Project Application Evaluation Scorecard
Questions about the Capital Development Tourism Fund program and the application process can be directed to Jim Epperson at the number and email address above.