NEW ALBANY, IND. (February 20, 2018) – One Southern Indiana (1si), the chamber of commerce and economic development organization for Clark and Floyd counties, announced the finalists for the 2018 “ONE” Awards today. The ONE Award is scheduled for Thursday, April 12, 2018 from 5:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Huber’s Orchard, Winery and Vineyard’s Plantation Hall in Borden, Ind., and honors winners in seven categories.
This year’s awards ceremony will feature a new category and a twist on an old category. The Strothman and Company WorkHub Innovation ONE Award will recognize company culture and encompassing programs working in diversity, workplace health and green initiatives. The award is given to a specific program or approach in a 1si member organization. The Nu-Yale Non-Profit Program of the Year ONE Award highlights innovative and successful programs, initiatives or activities implemented by 1si member non-profit organizations.
The other five categories are:
• The Commerce Bank Rising Star ONE Award, given to a company who has been in business from 1-5 years. Companies must be located or headquartered in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro area.
• The German American Bank Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 50 or less employees, given to a company that demonstrates business growth and community involvement. Companies must be located or headquartered in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro area.
• The Park Community Credit Union Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 51 or more employees, given to a company that demonstrates business growth and community involvement. Companies must be located or headquartered in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro area.
• The Stites & Harbison, PLLC Economic Development Impact Project of the Year ONE Award given to the company that has had the largest impact on our community in the past year.
• The BB&T Business Retention and Expansion Project of the YearONE Award for the Floyd or Clark County, Ind. business who has experienced the largest growth in terms of investment and job creation.
Of the 65+ nominees, 34 chose to submit applications for judging in five categories. The finalists were chosen by a panel of judges based on criteria including business history, community involvement, response to adversity, newly-created opportunities and innovation in products or services. The two Economic Development ONE Awards were chosen based on information submitted at the launch of a project with regard to the impact of the project on the community at large.
This year’s finalists (in alphabetical order) are:
Business of the Year 51 or More Employees ONE Award
• HMS Global Maritime
• Horseshoe Southern Indiana
• Strothman and Company
Business of the Year 50 or Fewer Employees ONE Award
• Montgomery Farms Inc.
• Schmitt Furniture Co.
Rising Star ONE Award
• Eventful 203
• Jenpale LLC
• Safety NET, LLC
WorkHub Innovation ONE Award
• Amazon Career Choice Program
• Facilities Management Services - New Roots, Inc. Partnership / Fresh Stop Market
• Heartland - A Global Payment Company - Heartland University
• NIBCO, Inc. - Health and Wellness Initiative
Nonprofit Program of the Year ONE Award
• Communities In Schools of Clark County - CIS Model of Integrated Student Supports
• Hope Southern Indiana, Inc. - Holistic Hardware
• Leadership Southern Indiana - NEXGEN
“We were happy to see a surge in nominations this year, and all of our finalists are of the highest caliber. Our judges rate the finalists and that counts for 90 percent of the final score. But our members have their voices heard through online voting, counting for 10 percent of the total score – which has actually changed the outcome of past award competitions,” said Wendy Dant Chesser, president and CEO of 1si. “The ONE Awards is one of our most popular events and we want our membership to have a stake in the winners.” Online voting will open on at noon on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, through the 1si Facebook page and website.
At the event, attendees will enjoy networking, hors d’oeuvres, buffet style dinner and a full production awards ceremony. Nearly 400 guests are expected to attend and the event is open to the public. Individual reservations for 1si members are $60 each, tables of eight are available for $440, and guests are $85 each. Reservations may be made by visiting www.1si.org or by calling (812) 945-0266.
Sponsors for the 2018 ONE Awards are:
BB&T, Commerce Bank, German American Bank, Nu-Yale, Park Community Credit Union, Stites & Harbison, PLLC, and Strothman and Company;
Business First, Lloyd's Florist, Inc., Mountjoy Chilton Medley and Sounds Unlimited Productions;
Centra Credit Union, Clark Memorial Hospital, Duke Energy, Idealogy Marketing + Design, L&D Mail Masters, Inc., Mister ''P'' Express, Inc., PNC Bank, U.S. Bank and WesBanco Bank, Inc.;
Huber’s Orchard, Winery & Vineyards
About One Southern Indiana:
One Southern Indiana (1si) was formed in July of 2006 from the Economic Development organization serving Clark and Floyd counties and the Chamber of Commerce. 1si’s mission is to provide the connections, resources and services that help businesses innovate and thrive in the Southern Indiana / Louisville metro area.
Since its inception, the organization has evolved to include a three-prong approach to serve its members and investors. Business Resources, as the chamber side of the organization, encompasses membership, signature events and programs which support and encourage business growth; Economic Development works to grow the regional economy through the attraction of new commerce and assists with retention and expansion of existing businesses; Advocacy supports businesses at the government level by engaging in the initiatives to preserve, protect and promote a business friendly environment free of obstacles to growth and development of commerce. More information on One Southern Indiana is available at: www.1si.org
One Southern Indiana — Suzanne Ruark, (812) 945-0266, SuzanneR@1si.org
- 30 -